This guide will explain you the basics of the Contract module.
The Contract module enables simple personalization for customers.
The goal of this module is providing special prices for some Virto Commerce customers, such as non-tech, not high skilled business users.
The Contract module allows you to leverage both the Pricing and Customers modules in a single place.
The Contract module may come in handy for the following scenarios:
- Creating and managing contracts with customers
- Providing and managing special prices for specific products for specific customers
- Configuring contracts for specific contracting periods
Creating New Contract
To create a contract, do the following:
- Open the Contract module and click Add.
- Give your contract a name and a description, specify the start and end date, and select a store.
Only the Name and Store fields are required.
You can change the contract name but not the code, which will be created according to the name.
Only one store may be specified for a contract.
You can configure the contract validity period through the Start date and the End date fields. In case you leave these fields blank, the contract will be always active.
Adding Customers to Contract
To add customers to a contract, do the following:
- Open the Contract module and select the contract you need.
- Open the Customers widget and click Add.
- Select the company in question or the relevant customers within it.
- Click the Confirm button.
If you select a company, all customers included into it will be added to the contract.
You can select specific customers from a company. To do this, open the company menu and select the people you need.
Adding Contract Prices
To add prices to a contract, do the following:
- Open the Contract module and select the contract in question.
- Open the Prices widget and click Add.
- Select the default price list and click Add again.
The selected price list will be used as a base for products and prices. You can change both products and prices, and the changed prices will be shown for users within the contract.
The changes within the contract will not affect the selected price list.