A category is basically a container for other categories, subcategories, or products.
Categories enable building hierarchies and links between various items in the catalog, which helps the customers navigate to the items they would like to purchase.
If you have large catalogs containing many items, you might want to create multiple categories and subcategories using the parent-child structure.
Add new category¶
To add a new category to the catalog:
- Click Catalog in the main menu.
- In the next Manage catalogs blade, select the required catalog.
- In the next Categories and Items blade, click Add in the toolbar.
- In the New category item blade, select Category.
Fill in the category name. The code is generated automatically.
Click Create to open the category details.
Fill in the Category details.
Your new category appears in the Categories list.
You can add as many tax types as needed.
To add a tax type:
- In the Category details blade, click next to the Tax type field to open the Tax types blade.
- Click Add in the toolbar.
- Type the name of the tax type and click .
- Click Save in the toolbar to save the changes.
Your new tax type is displayed in the Tax type dropdown list.
To add images to a category:
- In the Category details blade, click the Images widget to open the Manage Images blade.
- Click Add to open the Upload Images blade.
Fill in the fields.
Click OK to save the changes.
Your image(s) have been saved.
To add a new SEO block:
- In the Category details blade, click the SEO widget to open the Manage SEO blade.
Click Add to open the SEO details blade.
Fill in the fields and click OK.
Your new SEO block has been added to the SEO list.
To link categories to the catalog items:
- In the Category details blade, click the Links widget to open the Links blade.
- Click Add to open the Select catalog items... blade.
- Select the desired item (in the example, a virtual catalog from a list of virtual catalogs). You can not select the current category (if it is in the list), categories labelled as Marked, or category links within virtual catalogs.
Click Confirm to save the changes.
The links to the current category within the selected virtual catalogs and categories have been created.