A product is a basic entity that represents an item that can be purchased in an online store. The Catalog module allows you to work with the following types of products
- Physical product: Any physical object, such as a camera or a cell phone.
- Digital product: Intangible products, such as software or music.
- Product with a bill of materials: A special type of product that has a list of additional materials required for a specific item.
Variations are individual product entities linked to their master product. For instance, a master product like a mobile phone can have variations like black, white, or red versions, or 5’’ and 6’’ models (or both). Variations inherit property values from the master product, including descriptions and assets, while also allowing overrides when necessary.
To add a new product to your catalog:
- Click Catalog in the main menu.
- In the next blade, select the required catalog to open the Categories and Items blade.
- Click Add in the toolbar.
In the New category item blade, select the type of the product to add.
In the New Product blade, fill in the following fields:
Click Create to save the changes.
The product has been added to the selected category or catalog.
View product details¶
To view the product details of the added product:
- Follow steps 1-3 from the instruction above.
- In the Categories and items blade, click the required product.
The product details may be logically divided into two parts:
- Fields and toggles: