Virto Commerce Security module provides various options to manage security and authentication for your online store or website. This includes managing:
- Users: Individuals with access to your platform or store.
- Roles: Sets of permissions defining specific functions within the platform, such as basic user, advanced user, administrator, order manager, etc.
- Permissions: Fundamental security units that grant particular rights to perform actions, such as viewing customer details or changing order data.
- Scopes: Restrictions of permissions to specific objects or actions.
The diagram below illustrates the interconnections among various key entities within the Security module:
With the Security module, you can:
- Create user accounts.
- Assign various roles to users. Each role includes specific granular permissions that give or restrict access to specific features within the platform. This is useful when you want to restrict access to a specific store or do not want regular platform users to edit sensitive data.
- Generate API keys for specific users.
- Log in to Storefront on behalf of any user.